Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Target StoryBook Station - LA Times Festival of Books 2012


At the end of last year I was lucky enough to be asked again to produce some illustrations for the Target Stage/Storybook Stations at the LA Times Festival of Books (as well as the Washington and Minneapolis book festivals). You can see my work for the 2011 festivals here.

The brief was to create a variety of scenes in a miniature garden world, where families were enjoying reading together. This time the job presented a few challenges - it came with a really tight turnaround time which required me working through the Christmas holidays, the characters and scenes had to fit seamlessly into the same world as my previous illustrations from last years festival and this time it all needed to be vector! (opening Illustrator usually makes me break out into a cold sweat!).

However despite this they turned out to be great fun to work on and I even managed to fit a few christmas 'beverages' in.

Big thanks to the guys at Olson Agency who put the work my way again. The LA festival has just finished and Ive not yet managed to get my hands on many photos but will be scouring the internets for some. Hopefully I'll get the chance to work on this again, would be great to get a trip out to LA to see the work in action ... hey Target? Hmmm?

4 comments:

Laurenade said...

Ahh these are so cute!! Really love the colours too and you'd never guess you weren't comfortable with Illustrator! ^_^

Gorillustrator said...

Ha thanks, though you would've guessed if you had heard the language coming from my studio while I was working on it.

fhiona galloway said...

so cute! Great job :0)

irrimiri said...

Loving this :D